Delilah Green Doesn't Care by Ashley Herring Blake

 4/5 Stars

Delilah Green swore she would never go back to Bright Falls—nothing is there for her but memories of a lonely childhood where she was little more than a burden to her cold and distant stepfamily. Her life is in New York, with her photography career finally gaining steam and her bed never empty. Sure, it’s a different woman every night, but that’s just fine with her.

When Delilah’s estranged stepsister, Astrid, pressures her into photographing her wedding with a guilt trip and a five-figure check, Delilah finds herself back in the godforsaken town that she used to call home. She plans to breeze in and out, but then she sees Claire Sutherland, one of Astrid’s stuck-up besties, and decides that maybe there’s some fun (and a little retribution) to be had in Bright Falls, after all.


I loved this book so much, the small-town romance, the friendships, (the tattoos), the smut level, and Claire and Delilah's relationship growth. It was perfect and the way it was written helped make me fall in love with the characters even Astrid who was very annoying at times. And while I hate the bet trope it wasn't that big of a part in this book so I wasn't too put out with it.

I loved the sibling dynamic between Delilah and Astrid (I am waiting impatiently for Astrid's book to come out later this year) and while there were some things I didn't like about the relationship I found it very realistic and loved how even with everything that went on between them they were still there for each other when needed to be.

However, while I loved this book I don't think single-parent romances are my thing especially when the other parent is in the picture. Although this is entirely a me thing rather than the book itself so if you love or don't mind single parent romances this is perfect for you.

Comments

  1. EEK! I loved this book so much - for all the same reasons you did! I also can't wait for Astrid's book. I think it's going to be freaking fantastic, based on the synopsis. Definitely a new favorite author for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I haven't read this yet but I really want to pick it up now, I love books with great sibling dynamics and small town romances are always so cute! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post and review. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

My Favourite Classic Books

January 2022 A Box of Stories