The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

 4/5 Stars

In a sprawling mansion filled with peculiar treasures, January Scaller is a curiosity herself. As the ward of the wealthy Mr. Locke, she feels little different from the artefacts that decorate the halls: carefully maintained, largely ignored, and utterly out of place.
Then she finds a strange book. A book that carries the scent of other worlds, and tells a tale of secret doors, of love, adventure and danger. Each page turn reveals impossible truths about the world and January discovers a story increasingly entwined with her own.


I have to be honest here, I read this one a few weeks ago now and if you asked me what the plot was I would have no idea. I've read over the synopsis and I still haven't got a clue. However, what I do remember is that the writing was phenomenal and the characters were amazing and well written and it felt like I was with them the entire time I was reading it (even if I don't know what they were doing). 

Comments

  1. Great review! This one sounds like an amazing read (even if you can't remember the plot, haha) - I love books where you have such a close relationship with the characters! Thank you so much for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not looking good when can't remember the plot haha. It means the book couble be a bit complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something that's so wonderful about a book that's all vibes and no plot, honestly. That's how I felt about The Starless Sea - and I put The Ten Thousand Doors of January in the same category! The audiobook is FANTASTIC. I listened to almost the entire thing when I was sick last year and loved it so much. Stories within stories, adventure, and good vibes. I'm here for it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Viewers Liked

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

January 2022 A Box of Stories

My Favourite Classic Books