Unravel the Dusk by Elizabeth Lim

 

4/5 Stars

*Spoilers for books 1 and 2 in the Blood of the Stars Duology*

This is the second book in the Blood of the Stars series. It follows Maia who in order to protect her father and her injured brother from the emperor she disguises herself as her brother Keton and joins a competition to find the best tailor in the kingdom. The only problem is that it is illegal to be a tailor as a woman and Maia has to do everything she can to not get caught.

I want to start by saying that I absolutely love Elizabeth Lim's writing. she always makes the world and the characters come alive on the page. This was a very satisfying ending to the series it had everything that I wanted for Maia and Edan. The romance between the two was adorable as before and I loved seeing their dynamic on-page again and watching them do everything to protect each other was so good. I did feel like Lady Sarnai got away with everything that she did in the first book which I didn't really like as i wanted to she some sort of justice or penance for what she had forced them to do in book 1. Also, I did think the fight between Maia and Bandur was too quick and I wish that it had lasted longer.

Overall it was a very good read, very fast-paced with lovable characters that you can't help but root for. I recommend this series for anyone who enjoys YA fantasy. 


Comments

  1. I look forward to reading the book hopefully I will enjoy it like you did x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

My Favourite Classic Books

January 2022 A Box of Stories