Zodiac Academy: The Awakening by Susanne Valenti and Caroline Peckham

 1/5 Stars


You have been selected to attend Zodiac Academy, where your star sign defines your destiny.
If you're one of the Fae, elemental magic is in your blood. And apparently it's in ours. As twins born in the month of Gemini, we're a rare breed even in this academy of supernatural a-holes.
Changelings were outlawed hundreds of years ago, but our birth parents didn't get the memo. Which means we're totally unprepared for the ruthless world of Fae.


I want to preface this review by saying that while I went into this booking knowing it won't be my next favourite book, I did expect to like it a little bit. However, there was nothing in this book I enjoyed. I hated the main characters, they were annoying and I rolled my eyes on almost every other page. 

Also, the romances were awful, I wasn't sure at the start who the love interests would be but the choices were a guy who continuously assaults one of them, a guy who bullies them and a professor. None of them was a good candidate, yet I had to root for one of them? 

I wish that I hadn't listened to the book community on this one and stayed away

Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

My Favourite Classic Books

January 2022 A Box of Stories