A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

 5/5 Stars

On Christmas Eve Ebenezer Scrooge is visited by his old business partner Jacob Marley who died 7 years before on Christmas Eve where he tells Scrooge that he will be visited by 3 spirits, the ghost of Christmas Past, the ghost of Christmas present and the ghost of Christmas Yet to Come.

This is possibly one of the most famous Christmas books ever to exist and it is definitely my favourite one. I read it in high school for fun and for my GCSEs and reread it every year on Christmas Eve. I've always loved the story of an old miserable old man who changes his ways and opens his heart to others. While it was written in the 19th century the writing isn't too dense and is easy to follow. 

The Ghost of Christmas present is my favourite out of the ghosts and I loved his scenes where he showed Scrooge how happy and joyful everyone else is during Christmas day. Also, it took me an embarrassingly long time to realise that the ghost having 1800 brothers is because that's the year it was written and there was a new 'brother' for each year. 


Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

January 2022 A Box of Stories

My Favourite Classic Books