Final Girls by Riley Sager

 3/5 Stars

*Spoilers*

Quincey Carpenter is a Final Girl, she survived a deadly massacre when all of her friends didn't. Lisa and Sam are also both Final girls and when one day Lisa is found dead by a suspected suicide and Sam turns up at Quincey's house looking for answers things soon start to take a deadly turn.

This is my second Riley sager book and it is my least favourite out of the two. I don't know if the characters were supposed to be unlikable or not but I couldn't help but dislike all of them and didn't really care what happens to them. The reason this is 3 stars however is that the plot was so intriguing and the plot twists were all so unexpected and well written. There was a slight cheating plot that I hated and found unnecessary and made me dislike Quincey even more. The reveal at the end as to who the killer was and to who Sam is kept me interested, however, I wasn't too upset when the killer was revealed to be Coop as I really didn't care about him at all like I think I was supposed to.

Overall if you like unlikeable characters or care more about the plot than the characters then you might like this one.

Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

My Favourite Classic Books

January 2022 A Box of Stories