My Favourite books Part 1

 I do a lot of book reviews on here but I've never posted anything about books from the past that I have read and absolutely loved so I thought that I will do a little series on here showing all of my favourite books. For part one I will be talking about all of my favourite childhood books, which now that I'm writing this will mostly be Jaqueline Wilson books. 

1) Black Beauty by Anne Sewell

This is the first book that I ever remember being gifted to me. Horses were and still are my favourite animals so to read a book entirely from a horses perspective when I was younger was mind-blowing and an experience that I love to revisit all the time.

2) Boys Don't Cry by Malorie Blackman

This book was one of the first YA books I had ever read at the time, it was bought for me by my Dad from a small indie bookshop when I was visiting my grandma. The book was so wonderfully written it follows a teen Dad whose ex-girlfriend one day arrives with his baby and then leaves them both, I love how the characters weren't perfect but did everything they could for each other. 

3) My Sister Jodie by Jaqueline Wilson

This is one of my favourite Jaqueline Wilson books. I love the boarding school aspect and It's where my love for the setting originated. The main character's sister Jodie was one of my favourite characters when I was younger and the ending made me sob for ages as it was one of the first characters deaths I had ever read.

4) Cookie by Jaqueline Wilson

I loved everything about this book when I read it the first time and each time I reread it got better. A lot of Jaqueline Wilson books don't shy away from difficult topics and this one definitely didn't. 

5) Candyfloss by Jaqueline Wilson

In this book the main character was forced to choose between leaving for Australia with her Mum or staying at home with her Dad, she chooses to stay with her Dad. I loved her Dad a lot and I loved the setting of the small Cafe. 


Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

My Favourite Classic Books

January 2022 A Box of Stories