Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman

 4/5 Stars

*spoilers*

Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine, she may struggle with social cues and say what is exactly on her mind by she is fine, nothing is missing from her life, except maybe everything.

This has been hyped up for me so much everywhere I go I see amazing reviews about this one and it didn't disappoint at all. It did take me a while for me to get into it and a while to warm up to Eleanor as I found her a little bit rude and condescending at the start of the book. but after the first half of the book, I couldn't help but root for her as I finally figured out why she was the way she was. Raymond was the perfect friend to Eleanor and I'm so glad that it didn't end with them getting together as I think they are a lot better as friends. The ending wasn't what I thought it would be but I'm so glad it wasn't as it worked so well. 

I think this is a book that everyone should try at least once in their lives even if literary fiction isn't their favourite genre. 

Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

My Favourite Classic Books

January 2022 A Box of Stories