Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert

 3.5 Stars


After a near-death experience chronically ill computer geek Chloe Brown decides to write a list in order to help her get a life. Enter Redford 'Red' Morgan who is a handyman with tattoos and a talent for painting and who might be able to help Chloe finish her list.

I thought that this book was very cute and that the smut was very good. However, I only really enjoyed about 200 pages of it as it took me almost the first 100 pages to warm up to Chloe as I felt like she was being mean to Red for literally no reason and I understand that it was just her personality but she treated him terribly at first which I can never get behind in romance even though I know others love it. Once I did start to like her it was amazing and I understood why so many people rave about this book. But the conflicts I found weren't done that well. The first one is where Chloe called Red no one to her aunt while I understood why she did it, I think that Red forgave her too quickly as Chole didn't really apologize that well. The second conflict at the end was the most unnecessary thing ever, the book should have ended 50 pages before it did and cut this entire section as there was no need for it. 

Overall I can see why people love this one and if you love characters who are flawed and don't mind unnessecasry conflict then this one is definitely for you,


Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

January 2022 A Box of Stories

My Favourite Classic Books