Carry on by Rainbow Rowell

5/5 Stars

 Simon Snow is the worst Chosen One to have ever been Chosen. He is unable to control his magic and often 'goes off' which results in him burning his surrounding often however he is expected to save the world of mages.

This is one of my all-time favorite books and I reread it around Christmas time every year along with A Christmas Carol. It gives me all the feels and includes some of my favorite tropes including found family, enemies to lovers, and a boarding school. I read this in a day or two every time as even though I know exactly what is about to happen I'm excited to read what happens next in the book. It also features one of my OTPs in Baz and Simon and a cute romance between a vampire and the world's greatest mage. watching their relationship grow from enemies who were forced to be roommates at 11 to soulmates is always amazing to read and being in Baz's head as we watch him pine over an oblivious Simon is always funny. While not an entirely original plot outline the way it is executed and written makes it unique. 

Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

My Favourite Classic Books

January 2022 A Box of Stories