Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor

 4/5 Stars

*spoilers for the first book*

This is the second book in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series. The series follows Karou who is prone to disappearing on mysterious errands and is able to speak multiple languages, some not even human. She has a lot of questions about her life, enter beautiful stranger Akiva who may have the answers.

I liked this book a lot more than the first one in the series. It was less romance heavy and more action-heavy which I preferred as I wasn't into the whole instalove romance from the first one. The end of the first book where Karou finds out everything that happened to her in her past life was amazingly written in this book and knowing more about her as a person and her past made me like her more than I did in the first one. 

Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

My Favourite Classic Books

January 2022 A Box of Stories