Fear Street by R.L.Stine

 4/5 Stars

This is the first four books in R.L.Stines Fear Street series, The New Girl where Cory falls for new girl Anna only to find out that she is missing possibly dead. The Surprise Party where Meg wants to hold a surprise party for her friend whose brother died in mysterious circumstances a year before but someone doesn't want it to happen. The Overnight where a group of friends stays overnight by themselves on Fear Island on this island bad things happen to the group that haunts them. Missing where siblings Mark and Cara are left alone at home and when their parents don't arrive home when they said they would they start to think something more sinister is at stake.

Out of these four, The New Girl was definitely my favorite. While I hated how obsessed Cory was with Anna I did feel dread throughout the book especially when Cory went to visit Annas family house and was told that she was dead. I didn't expect the plot twist at all at the end and thought it was incredibly well done although I didn't like how Cory immediately ended updating Lisa at the end as I felt it was rushed.

My second favorite was The Overnight. I was more annoyed with these characters than I was with the ones in The New Girl which is why it is second and not first. The plot was good and the dread was definitely there when they were on the island both times. While I did see the plot twist coming I did like how it was written.

The surprise party is third on my rating as while I liked the writing and the plot and absolutely loved the plot twist at the end the main character was so stupid and made me dislike the story so much. Someone was threatening her and her boyfriend's life because of a party that the person who the party was for didn't even want so it was for her ego more than anything which I hated.

Missing was my least favorite not because the character was bad but because I was so bored when reading it. I didn't care at all about what was up with the parents and when the reveal happened I was rolling my eyes as it was so outlandish.


Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

My Favourite Classic Books

January 2022 A Box of Stories