Freshwater by Akweake Emezi

 4/5 Stars

Ada has always been unusual. Her parents prayed her into existence, but something must have gone awry. Their troubled child begins to develop separate selves and is prone to fits of anger and violence.  

This is one of if not the most unique books I have ever read. I didn't even know what was going on until the end and even then I still didn't fully understand it. However, the writing was phenomenal and the story was beautiful, the main character Ada isn't entirely the main character so I don't feel like I know that much about her but I still loved her and was rooting for her throughout.


Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

My Favourite Classic Books

January 2022 A Box of Stories