The Assistant by S.K Tremayne

 3/5 Stars

When Jo divorces her husband Simon she is forced to move in with her friend Tabitha. While living there she starts to be haunted and stalked by The Assistants the AI designed to make her life easier but they do anything but.

After the first page makes fun of people who identify as something other than straight, gay, or bisexual, and then the following 15 or so pages follow Jo as she sets up an online dating profile that adds nothing to the plot I could tell that the book won't be for me. I did give this 3 stars as the premise was amazing and I felt the suspense towards the climax at the end. However, the characters were some of the most annoying and frustrating people I have ever read about. They weren't interesting at all and at times I felt like they almost deserved what was happening to them.

I think the only people who would enjoy this book is if you enjoy annoying characters. 

Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

My Favourite Classic Books

January 2022 A Box of Stories