The Dragon Republic by R.F.Kuang

5/5 Stars





*MAJOR SPOILER WARNING*

This is the second book in The Poppy War series and the series follows Rin who against all odds gets accepted into the most prestigious military school in the country and while there learns more about herself and her country than she ever knew possible.


 I read The Poppy War last year and fell in love and I didn't think that it could be topped at all, but this book proved me so wrong. I loved every last second of it and both couldn't put it down but also didn't want to finish it too soon as I wanted to savor every last second of the book.                                                 Watching Rin trying to maneuver through life after the ending of the first book and being thrust into being a commander even though she has never been one before, dealing with her opium addiction and her grief for Atlas was difficult but incredibly written. every page was necessary and important to the plot and the characters which I find quite surprising for a book that is over six hundred pages and the second book in a series.                                                                                                                                                          That ending completely ruined me, I had already partially spoiled myself so I knew that Rin was going to be betrayed but even with the spoiler I wasn't at all prepared so how angry and upset I was when Nezha stabbed Rin in the back.                                                                                                                                    I can't wait to get to the next and the last book in this series although I think I need to mentally prepare myself beforehand. 

Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

My Favourite Classic Books

January 2022 A Box of Stories