The Mysterious Romance of Murder: Crime, Detection, and the Spirit of Noir by David Lehman

 3/5 Stars

In The Mysterious Romance of Murder, the poet and critic David Lehman explores a wide variety of outstanding books and movies--some famous (The Maltese Falcon, Double Indemnity), some known mainly to aficionados--with style, wit, and passion.

This book was incredibly well researched by someone who clearly has a lot of love for the genre, however, It was mostly just a list of romances in Murder mysteries, which I wasn't expecting it to be and I know that if I had known that going in I would have liked it more as it would feel less like a lesson which I don't enjoy in books. 

Comments

Other Viewers Liked

My June TBR

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare

My May TBR

Delilah Green Doesn't Care by Ashley Herring Blake