The Mysterious Romance of Murder: Crime, Detection, and the Spirit of Noir by David Lehman

 3/5 Stars

In The Mysterious Romance of Murder, the poet and critic David Lehman explores a wide variety of outstanding books and movies--some famous (The Maltese FalconDouble Indemnity), some known mainly to aficionados--with style, wit, and passion.

This book was incredibly well researched by someone who clearly has a lot of love for the genre, however, It was mostly just a list of romances in Murder mysteries, which I wasn't expecting it to be and I know that if I had known that going in I would have liked it more as it would feel less like a lesson which I don't enjoy in books. 

Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

My Favourite Classic Books

January 2022 A Box of Stories