Beneath the Citadel by Destiny Soria

 5/5 Stars

Cassa, the orphaned daughter of rebels, is determined to fight back against the high council, which governs Eldra from behind the walls of the citadel. Her only allies are no-nonsense Alys, easygoing Evander, and perpetually underestimated Newt, and Cassa struggles to come to terms with the legacy of rebellion her dead parents have left her — and the fear that she may be inadequate to shoulder the burden.


I want to start this by saying that this book was amazing. I read this so quickly by I also didn't want to it end as I wanted to stay with the characters for longer. I was never able to guess what was about to happen and could never tell who to trust or what path the best path for the main characters to take as no one around them was trustworthy and they were being betrayed left and right. The storyline of Vesper and Cassa was so good and I felt the betrayal even before we find out what happened between them. Newt and Evander were a great couple and gave me a lot of Jesper and Wylan vibes and I loved their dynamic .


Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

My Favourite Classic Books

January 2022 A Box of Stories