Her Royal Highness by Rachel Hawkins

 3.75 stars

*SPOILERS*

Millie Quint is devastated when she discovers that her sort-of-best friend/sort-of-girlfriend has been kissing someone else. Heartbroken and ready for a change of pace, Millie decides to apply for scholarships to boarding schools . . . the farther from Houston the better.

This book started out very well, it was fast paced, The romance at the start of the book which made Millie leave in the first place while not on page for very long was well written and made me fell terrible for Millie and I hated her (the not girlfriend who I can't for the life of me remember the name of) and the 'friend' who sided with the ex. It was very believable, wanting to disappear to the furthest place imaginable. 

When Millie arrives in Scotland and meets Flora the Princess of Scotland I was excited for a couple chapters as at the start Flora is a prissy princess who believes that she is above everyone, so I thought it will be a great enemies to lovers arc. However, I started to get bored with the romance half way through as even though I knew it was fast paced at times it felt a little too rushed and wished they slowed down a tiny bit. Also the third act break up felt pointless as it was due to an ex that had little to no screen time and didn't feel even the slightest bit threatening to the relationship so i had no idea why Millie thought that Flora would leave her for her.

Also i feel like Millie forgave her ex way to easily, i mean she travelled half way across the world because of her and she forgives her that quickly?

Overall I would recommend this book for people who love YA romance but don't mind some ridiculousness. 

Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

My Favourite Classic Books

January 2022 A Box of Stories