Something Fabulous by Alexis Hall

 3.5 Stars

It was always his father’s hope that Valentine would marry Miss Arabella Tarleton. But, unfortunately, too many novels at an impressionable age have caused her to grow up…romantic. So romantic that a marriage of convenience will not do and after Valentine’s proposal she flees into the night determined never to set eyes on him again. Arabella’s twin brother, Mr. Bonaventure “Bonny” Tarleton, has also grown up romantic. And fully expects Valentine to ride out after Arabella and prove to her that he’s not the cold-hearted cad he seems to be.

I really didn't know what to rate this book when I finished it because every scene between Bonny and Valentine were 5 stars for me but as soon as Arabella entered the scene they became 1 star. |She completely ruined half the book for me and I would have much preferred it if she was only mentioned a few times until maybe showing up at the very end for one scene only. She frustrated me so much and treated Valentine like shit and while he was a bit pushy with wanting her to marry him because of his Farther she acted like he wanted her dead and even told people that he was trying to kill her and threatened to kill him multiple times and even shot him at the end of the book (which Arabella and Bonny somehow made Valentines fault which god knows how they came to that conclusion). 

However I loved the relationship between Bonny and Valentine and really enjoyed their chemistry and loved the banter as well as the fluff (the smut was pretty good as well). Valentines personal growth was great to see although at times I did wish that Bonny would give him a little bit of space to grow. 

If the scenes with Arabella were cut completely I could definitely see this being a four of five stars unfortunately they weren't cut so  it was a three stars.

Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

January 2022 A Box of Stories

My Favourite Classic Books