The Burning God by R.F.Kuang

 5/5 Stars

*Spoilers*

Before the spoilers I'm going to say that if you haven't read this series yet, definitely pick it up. 

The third and final book in The Poppy War series. This book picks up after the ending of The Dragon Republic which left off with Rin saving her people but then being betrayed and left for dead by people she called allies. 

This book was definitely the explosive ending that I needed with this series, full of betrayal and war and heartbreak. Nothing was expected and everything was a surprise and bowled me over as I had no idea what was happening at times or who to trust. I still don't know who I should have trusted and who I shouldn't have. In the end I didn't even know if I could trust Rin. Rin was an amazing and complicated character she did what she thought was best at every turn but didn't always think of the consequences and this was very prevalent at the end of the book when Rin wins the war but is still determined that the war should be the number one focus even when she sees her people starving and facing the worst famine they have ever faced. She is very prideful and wary of everyone which I can't blame her for and I can't help but love her even when the decision she makes aren't the best one to make. The last few pages were bitter sweet, I know that it needed to happen as she had lost herself but reading Rin and Kitay die was heart-breaking even if they were both at peace.

Comments

  1. Excellent review! The Poppy Wars series is incredible, and The Burning God was such a perfect ending.
    Cora | https://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

January 2022 A Box of Stories

My Favourite Classic Books