If This Gets Out by Sophie Gonzales and Cale Dietritch

 5/5 Stars

Eighteen year old'  Ruben Montez and Zach Knight are two members of the boy band Saturday, one of the biggest acts in America. Along with their bandmates, Angel Phan and Jon Braxton, the four are teen heartthrobs in front of the cameras and best friends backstage. But privately, the pressure to stay in the closet has Ruben confiding in Zach. On a whirlwind tour through Europe with an unrelenting schedule and minimal supervision, the two come to rely on each other more and more, and their already close friendship evolves into a romance. But when they decide they’re ready to tell their fans and live freely, Zach and Ruben realize they will never truly have the support they need.

This book was perfect, it had everything I needed for a good YA romance. The angst and the fluff were the perfect amounts and at times I was annoyed at Zach, especially the way he treated Ruben after their first kiss. However, I never hated it as it was written so well that I understood where he was coming from and why he was acting like a douche to Ruben. I also loved the friendships between the Main characters Zack and Ruben and their bandmates Angel and Jon. It was a great portrayal of teen friendships and I loved the representation of drug addiction by teens in the music industry.

Overall I would recommend this book to someone who is looking for a cute but angsty YA romance. 

Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

My Favourite Classic Books

January 2022 A Box of Stories