My Favourite Classic Books

Classics is a genre that both terrifies me and intrigues me. I have read a fair amount of classics that I have at least 5 favourites that I think many people will also enjoy even if classics aren't you're thing.

1) Black Beauty by Anne Sewell

My all time favourite classic and childhood favourite book. It tells the life story of a horse known as Black Beauty through his own eyes. We see him as he's a small foal living with his Mother and a kind farmer and when he's an adult living with grumpy and harsh farmers.

2) A Christmas Carol by Charles Dicken

I reread this one every Christmas eve. It never gets old and I will always love the story it tells. Scrooge is a grumpy old man who takes advantage of those around him when one Christmas eve he is visited by 4 spirits in hopes of changing his ways.

3) Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

I love the whimsical feel of Wonderland that is a major part of this book. While not a big part of my own childhood as I didn't read it until I was a late teen, it managed to bring me to my childhood and make me feel like I was a kid again.

4) Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum 

Another very whimsical feeling book that never fails to make me smile and I read about Dorothy getting back, the Lion gaining his courage, the Scarecrow gaining his brain and the Tin Man gaining his heart. 

5) Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

This one is my twin sisters all time favourite book and while it's only fifth on my own list I can definitely see why she loves it so much. 

Comments

  1. Rocking Specter22 May 2022 at 06:11

    We really enjoy A Christmas Carol. Its redemption and course-correcting storyline inspired us to always consider the selfless choice in our decisionmaking. No one wants to be an Ebenezer Scrooge. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little women should be higher

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

January 2022 A Box of Stories