The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood

4/5 Stars

As a third-year PhD candidate, Olive Smith doesn’t believe in lasting romantic relationships–but her best friend does, and that’s what got her into this situation. Convincing Anh that Olive is dating and well on her way to a happily ever after was always going to take more than hand-wavy Jedi mind tricks: Scientists require proof. So, like any self-respecting biologist, Olive panics and kisses the first man she sees.


One thing I wanted to do more this year was read more books outside of my comfort zone and romance is definitely a book genre outside of my comfort zone. However, this book was amazing. Olive and Adam were amazingly written characters and I loved reading about their development together and separately. Their romance was adorable and has cemented fake dating as one of my favourite tropes. One thing I hate in romance books is how the side characters can often be treated terribly by the main character or treated like they only exist to further the main character's story arc, however, in this book, the side characters had their own arc and were treated well by Olive which I appreciated.  

If you love romance or want to start reading romance this is definitely the book for you. 

Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

My Favourite Classic Books

January 2022 A Box of Stories