Books set in hidden worlds recommendations

 If there is one thing I would love to do is enter a new world and get away from this one, but that is at this time impossible so instead, I will be doing it solely through books. So here is a list of some books with hidden worlds that I love.

1) The Mortal Instruments (and the rest of the shadowhunter books) by Cassandra Clare

One of my OG favourite hidden worlds and one that gave me a lot of comfort when I was younger is the shadowhunter world, I loved to imagine myself as a shadowhunter (and sometimes as a warlock because they are so fucking cool). I loved reading about Clary navigating a whole new world that she had been thrown into and Would have killed to experience that in real life.

2) Miss Peregrine's School for Peculiar Children

While I may not have finished the whole series, I dnf'd at book 4, and while I kind of prefer the film for book 1. This was a world I adored while reading it. I loved the abilities that all the children had and I loved the family feeling from everyone in the school.

3) Carry on by Rainbow Rowell

Another one of my favourites is Carry on, specifically the first book in the series. I loved the setting of the boarding school and I loved the way magic is used and spells are cast in the book which makes the book unique in my opinion. 

4) Onyeka and The Academy of the Sun by Tola Okogwu 

A newer release on the list is Onyeka and the Academy of the Sun. I read this a couple of months ago as an \Earc on Netgalley and I am so glad I did. I loved the setting of Nigeria and loved how magic is cast. 

5) The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern

This is a book that confused the shit out of me when I read it however I remember loving the library setting and the starless sea underneath the library. 

Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

My Favourite Classic Books

January 2022 A Box of Stories