The House with Chicken Legs by Sophie Anderson

 5/5 Stars

Marinka dreams of a normal life, where her house stays in one place long enough for her to make friends. But her house has chicken legs and moves on without warning.
For Marinka's grandmother is Baba Yaga, who guides spirits between this world and the next. Marinka longs to change her destiny and sets out to break free from her grandmother's footsteps, but her house has other ideas.

This was my first Sophie Anderson and I'm so glad I picked it up. I loved every last second of this book, the world, the character, the mythology, the whimsical atmosphere, and the house were all so fantastic that I couldn't put it down and had to immediately pick up another book by her straight away. 

Sophie Anderson is a fantastic writer who makes you fall in love with her characters and her world in only a few pages until you are sad when the book is over and you have to say goodbye.

Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

My Favourite Classic Books

January 2022 A Box of Stories