Chainbreaker by Tara Sim

 4/5 Stars

Clock mechanic Danny Hart knows he’s being watched. But by whom, or what remains a mystery. To make matters worse, clock towers have begun falling in India, though time hasn’t Stopped yet. He'd hoped after reuniting with his father and exploring his relationship with Colton, he'd have some time to settle into his new life. Instead, he’s asked to investigate the attacks.
After inspecting some of the fallen Indian towers, he realises the British occupation may be sparking more than just attacks. And as Danny and Colton unravel more secrets about their past, they find themselves on a dark and dangerous path—one from which they may never return.


This is the second book in the Timekeeper series, of which I read the first book 2 years ago and is one of my favourite books the fact that it took me this long to get to this book is almost embarrassing. 

While I didn't love this book as much as the first one I still really enjoyed reading this book. It was very fun and fast-paced and I couldn't put it down as I had to find out what happens to Danny and Colton. I was obsessed with finding out what was going to happen and I needed them to be ok. My favourite part of this book was that we got to learn more about Colton's history and how he and the other clock spirits came to be and how that is affecting Colton as he travels across the globe to get to Danny. I also really loved the development of the relationship between Danny and Colton and the ending broke me.

Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

My Favourite Classic Books

January 2022 A Box of Stories