Elatsoe by Darcie Little Badger

 4.5 Stars

Imagine an America very similar to our own. It's got homework, best friends, and pistachio ice cream. There are some differences. This America has been shaped dramatically by the magic, monsters, knowledge, and legends of its peoples, those Indigenous and those not. Some of these forces are charmingly every day, like the ability to make an orb of light appear or travel across the world through rings of fungi. But other forces are less charming and should never see the light of day. 

I really enjoyed this book, It is a beautiful story about grief and family that I couldn't put down until I finished it. Ellie is an excellent and lovable main character and her love for her friends and family made this book and I would recommend this book to everyone.
I also loved the ace representation with Ellie as there definitely isn't enough ace representation in books. 

Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

My Favourite Classic Books

January 2022 A Box of Stories