Look to Your Wife By Paula Byrne

 1/5 Stars

Lisa Blaize – teacher, would-be fashion writer, mother and second wife – feels out of place when her high-flying husband becomes the headmaster of a school in a country town. Isolated and far from her metropolitan upbringing, she turns to the one place where she learns she can be uninhibited. But ‘Twitter may be my undoing’, Lisa discovers as her past private life becomes all too public. Soon she is dealing with an online stalker and her husband’s reputation is put at risk, but will she be able to give up her addiction?


This will be a very negative review as I did not like this book at all.

I didn't like the writing, the characters or the plot which is a shame as I liked the premise but the execution was so bad. Lisa is quite possibly the worst main character I've read about before, the book starts with Lisa having an affair and then leaving her husband for the guy she cheated with, but we were supposed to believe that when she cheats on her second husband it's 'not like her' and it's the fault of Twitter that she had the second affair. Like really? The whole plot of her being stalked was so unbelievable, there was no reason why anyone would want to do that to her and all the suspects were just people that Lisa didn't like so she thought that they were to get her even though there was no actual reason why they would do it. The reveal of who it was made me want to throw the book across the room, he had no reason to do it and was barely in the book so it came out of nowhere.

I don't normally think that a book has no redeeming qualities but I can't think of one thing that I actually like about this book.

Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

My Favourite Classic Books

January 2022 A Box of Stories