Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray

 5/5 Stars

After a supernatural showdown with a serial killer, Evie O’Neill has outed herself as a Diviner. With her uncanny ability to read people’s secrets, she’s become a media darling, earning the title “America’s Sweetheart Seer.” Everyone loves the city’s newest It Girl…everyone except the other Diviners. Piano-playing Henry DuBois and Chinatown resident Ling Chan are two Diviners struggling to keep their powers a secret—for they can walk in dreams. And while Evie is living the high life, victims of mysterious sleeping sickness are turning up across New York City.

I loved the sequel to one of my favourite books from last year The Diviners, however, it did feel different to the first book. There was a more significant focus on the side characters rather than Evie as the main character It felt like she had become a side character in her own books, also it seemed like all of her scenes were to do with the love triangle she was in rather than her powers. While it does seem like I am complaining about the book I enjoyed these changes a lot and enjoyed the focus on Henry and Ling and their storyline. I feel like I should have guessed the plot twist in Henry's storyline but I'm glad I didn't as it had more of an impact that I didn't and if you go into this book I suggest you go into not knowing anything about it other that what you knew from the first one. 

Comments

Other Viewers Liked

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E.Harrow

How to Book A Murder by Cynthia Kuhn

My June TBR

My Favourite Classic Books

January 2022 A Box of Stories